Sunday, November 1, 2015

What Is Freedom

So, what is Freedom? I posit it is the ability to lives one's life as one chooses; to not have others take that which you have earned without your willing consent. The ability to travel as one wishes without being hindered by authorities without probable cause. I can talk on a telephone, or send an email, or associate with whomever I wish without the State prying into my comings and goings without going before an impartial court and producing hard evidence (and not suspicion) to gain a warrant for that action.
No one should be entitle to any part of what I earn to support my family to support the lifestyle they wish to have at my expense. That is just wrong. If I choose to share what I earn with them that is a different matter altogether. It is then my decision.
Just some rudimentary thoughts. I may expand these thoughts later; but, it is late now and I am ready to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment